- For the first time in many months I can look down and see my feet, and boy do I need to take a chainsaw to my toenails!
- I have only patted my stomach once referring to Arella then realized she's not in there any more.
- My once little cute innie belly button looks more like a cavernous hideout for bad guys as my belly is shrinking back to normal size.
- I have never had to pre-plan bathroom trips before.
- A shower is now a rare treat instead of a daily necessity.
- I used to plan my life in 4 year blocks of time between Olympiads; now I plan in 3 hour blocks around feedings.
- Sleeping in spurts leaves me feeling like I'm in a state of eternal jet lag, but no cool new destination. However the view of my baby is breathtaking!
- I'm the kind of person that doesn't sit still very well, but my daughter has trained me to sit and stay for hours on end and just stare at her.
- I always wanted an iPhone because I thought they were really cool and you could check email on them. Now I have one and the only functions I use are an app to keep track of diaper changes & breastfeeding and texting pictures of Arella to her Daddy while he works.
- I'm pretty smitten with this little girl of mine, and it breaks my heart when she cries and I can't figure out what's wrong. Sometimes I just cry with her.
- So far she's a very happy baby and her accidental smiles and silly faces absolutely melt me!
- I never thought I would be so entertained by diaper changes.
- I think my wrist surgeries really helped me prepare for parenthood. I am very efficient at left handed typing and can do almost any domestic chore with my left arm only. That right arm works very well as a cradle even though my wrist doesn't bend much any more.
- I was worried about how the dogs would react to the baby. Sam thinks she's a squeaky toy that smells good, and Charlie just wants to be near her most of the time.
- It's amazing how an hour and a half round trip to the doctor's office can be a much needed and exciting outing, and then cause me to sleep most of the afternoon.
- Even though my baby is on the smaller side, I keep looking at her and can't figure out how she was ever inside of me.
- It's amazing how you can go from just another person to Mommy literally overnight.
- I have been waiting for this for so long, after nearly 2 weeks, I'm still amazed it has already happened.
- I find it a bit funny that we're taking Arella for her 2 week check-up tomorrow, on her due date.
- I knew Eriek was excited to have a baby, too, and he's so good with kids, but he's taken the Daddy thing to a whole new level. He is the most amazing and supportive Daddy- I love you Honey!
- I could keep writing these little tidbits all day, but I have to go stare at my sweet little angel while she sleeps.
Monday, May 23, 2011
New Mommy Musings
Just some random thoughts from a brand new mommy.