I've talked about our alter egos before in Mission: Impossible Baby. But with these alter egos comes a set of weird and fantastic skills that temporarily turns us into MomNinja and the occasional DadNinja.
In my short three years and three kids worth of parenting, I have so far acquired the following set of skills, some of which are temporary but, I believe, some may be a permanent new talent:
- Catching mosquitoes with two fingers.
- Hearing a crying child through brick walls from a block away.
- A look that stops a child in her tracks.
- Kisses that heal wounds.
- Ability to sense a fever by swiftly brushing my cheek against a forehead.
- Catching throw up with a single hand without looking.
- Sensing a urine stream or poopsplosion about to strike before taking off a diaper.
- Ability to complete any task while almost fully asleep.
- Holding sleeping baby in awkward position for long periods of time with little to no fatigue.
- Immediate knowledge of where any lost toy or blanket can be found.
More experienced ninja parents, what have you acquired that I may look forward to in the future?