Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Big Chop

Years back one of my good friends chopped her hair super short and donated it to help make wigs for kids that have experienced medical hair loss. It sounded like such a cool idea and a super easy way to help someone. So I decided I would wait to cut my hair until it was long enough to donate, too.

This is the third time I've donated, and I seem to have formed this habit of just cutting my hair once every couple of years now. It's a fun little adventure for me personally, and Arella informed me that I'm like Rapunzel now. So I guess I've been upgraded from Olaf (who she decided I was not too long ago) to a princess for my efforts and sacrifice. Score!

I have donated to Locks of Love twice and Pantene Beautiful Lengths once. If you're interested in joining the fun, here are some organizations that you can donate to (just remember to read the guidelines because they all vary in what they will accept):

Locks of Love

Pantene Beautiful Lengths

Wigs for Kids

Wigs 4 Kids

Children with Hair Loss


So without further ado, I will present to you my before and afters from all three Big Chops!


June 2014
 Preston at OnStage starting the Big Chop!

 Back before. (Don't mind the ponytail line around the top of my head!)

 Back after.

Here's the new do for me and the donation!


October 2011
Before.

 
After.

 September 2004
Making the very first Big Chop!

 Back before.

 Back after.

 Front before.

Front after with braid donation!


No comments:

Post a Comment