Friday, December 14, 2012

The Bumpy Road

It's easy to post when things are great, fun and exciting. People don't always want to read, or write, about the rough, scary or difficult things.

Well, what kind of fantastic voyage has no obstacle to overcome? What kind of hero has no evil to fight? Life is not a plateau of happily ever after. How lame would that be?! We wouldn't appreciate it. We wouldn't even recognize what happy is without sad. Life is a journey along a sometimes bumpy road. Occasionally we run into forks in that road or we skid off course completely. I'm just thankful I have a Driver that knows where He is going. So as scary as the ride sometimes feels because I'm not familiar with this road less traveled, I'm trusting God with the route. And the destination.

We leave in 13 hours for home... FINALLY! Traveling doesn't usually rattle me because no matter how tough, it comes to an end and you're home, no problem. But today I'm going to be honest. I. Am. Rattled.

Our spicy little Peanut is feeling pretty sour. She has a cough that scares us because it often sounds like she's choking, but no fever and her breathing sounds fine. Her night terrors stepped up a notch today. She had one as she was falling asleep at her nap today. I didn't know what was going on. I put her on the bed and she calmed down after a few minutes and was fast asleep. Then it started again. She got so worked up and started coughing, then choking. I rolled her to her side as she threw up, She woke up as I was picking her up and didn't seem to have any idea what happened. She couldn't sleep the rest off the day, but we laid low and had some quiet play time, and she started feeling back to her normal self.

I was nervous to put her down tonight, afraid it would start again. But after our many desperate prayers this afternoon, God gave us some relief and she went down fairly easily. She's had a few bumps with her cough getting rough, but is otherwise sleeping soundly so far.

We're praying that she gets the rest she needs tonight for the 20 hour trip home. Exhaustion and stress can lead to more night terrors, and she's sure to go through that tomorrow. We're praying for God to give her rest on this trip, to take her fear away. We're asking that He take away the night terrors on the journey and that He heal her from the sickness.

This whole process is so tough on these lil guys. Taken away from what they know and handed over to strangers who look strange and speak strange that have no idea of the routine they are used to. They don't know that this tough journey will give them a chance at life. They don't know they can trust us. They don't know that we're taking them to a wonderful home full of love. The process is hard and scary enough if you know what's happening. Then to add sickness and restless sleep leading to exhaustion which just keeps turning into sickness and exhaustion...

I'm getting tired just thinking about it! Please join us in prayer for lil Zoe on this trip, and please pray for her sweet big sister's adjustment. And pray that God gives Eriek and I wisdom and discernment on how to handle and navigate the bumps. Thank you friends.

"Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:8-10

Since this my first blog post from my iPhone app, I'm not sure how the pictures will post. But apparently window shopping is a good way help Peanut feel better. Hopefully just the window shopping will always do the trick! And I loved this Starbucks sign. It's like they wrote it just for Zoe- Christmas Blend, spicy & sweet!




No comments:

Post a Comment